Cookies are small amounts of information stored in the browser of each user, so that the server can recover specific information that only it can use. This information makes it possible to identify users and save their personal preferences, and to record technical information, such as number of visits, or specific web pages visited. Users who prefer not to accept cookies or want to be informed before they are stored on their computer can configure their browser settings.
The cookies we use do not store any personal information, or information which could identify users. Our cookies are used to improve the services we offer. Some are essential for the web page to function properly, and others are used to improve performance and the user experience.
Cookies are classified in categories, as shown below.
Types of cookies according to the managing body:
Own cookies: Those sent to users’ terminal equipment by a computer or domain managed by the publisher itself, which provides the service requested by the users.
- Third party cookies: Those sent to your computer or device from a domain or website not managed by the publisher, but by another entity which processes the data it obtains through the cookies.
Types of cookies according to the time they remain active:
- Session cookies: Cookies designed to gather and store information while you are visiting a website.
- Persistent cookies: Cookies that store information on your device, where it can be accessed and processed by the cookie manager over a period they define, ranging from a few minutes to several years.
Types of cookies according to their purpose:
- Technical cookies: This type of cookie lets users browse a website, platform or application and use different options or services on them, for example, to monitor traffic and data transfer, log in, access restricted areas, remember items in an order, complete an order, register for or participate in an event, use security elements while browsing, store content for the publication of videos or sound, or share content on social networks.
- Personalisation cookies: Those which let users access the service with some general characteristics predefined according to a set of criteria in the user’s terminal equipment, such as language, type of browser used to access the service, regional settings, etc.
- Analytical cookies: Those which let the cookie manager monitor and analyse the behaviour of users of the website they are linked to. The information gathered using this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of websites, applications, and platforms, and to create browsing profiles for the users of these websites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements according to analysis of user usage data.
- Advertising cookies: Those which enable the optimal management of any advertising spaces the publisher may have included on a website, application or platform where a service is requested, based on criteria such as the published content or how often adverts are shown.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: These enable the optimal management of the advertising spaces the publisher may include on a website, application or platform providing the requested service. These cookies store information on user behaviour obtained from continuous observation of their browsing habits, enabling the development of a specific profile for advertising display.
You can find more information on cookies and how to manage them at http://www.aboutcookies.org or in your browser’s Help menu.
The isla canela website uses the following types of cookie:
- Analytical cookies: These cookies are used for analysing the behaviour of users anonymously and as a group, including the number of visitors to the website and to different product pages, where visitors come from, dates and times, platform, number of clicks on a banner, and the search terms used to find the desired content. For Pryconsa this is very useful, enabling it to improve its website and to see the content and design users prefer.
- Functional cookies: Cookies which help give users a better experience as they browse the site. For example, this type of cookie is used to store browsing data in a specific language.
- Technical cookies: Technical cookies are needed to display the website correctly and ensure it works properly.
You can allow, see, block, or delete the cookies installed on your system by configuring your browser settings.
- Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=es&answer=95647.
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-que-los-sitios-we.
- Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/ph5042.
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/11.50/es-ES/cookies.html
Cookies & Consent